Vaccinations for your cat.
There are 3 Vaccination
injections which can be administered by your Vet.
1) F3. This Vaccine immunises the cat against the 3 main Feline diseases:
• Feline paneleukopenia(Feline Enteritis/Feline Distemper
• Feline herpes (Cat Flu)
• Feline calicivirus(Aggressive form of Cat Flu)
It is recommended that all cats are immunised against
these three diseases.
2) F4. This includes the addition of Chlamydophila psittaci.
3) F5. This includes the addition of Feline Leukemia and Feline immunodeficiency virus
Depending upon circumstances (such as whether your cat is a breeding cat or an outdoor cat)
all that is usually required is the F3 Vaccination.
It is recommended that Cat Vaccination (F3) commences at around 8 weeks of age, repeated at
12 and 16 weeks of age and then at 12 months of age.
A booster shot should be given every 12 months for life if the cat is
Or every 2-3 years if your cat is an indoor cat only and not exposed to other cats in an
Always make sure you mark the calender as reminder to get your cats vaccinated, many vets
also send out reminders.
Related Articles: Cat Health Cat Flu
Sick Cat Cat Care